Foot Drop Physiotherapy Treatment
Call Now & Book An Appointment to Say GOODBYE to your Foot Drop Pain…
What is a foot drop?
Foot drop, sometimes called “drop foot,” is the inability to lift the front part of the foot. This causes the toes to drag along the ground while walking.
To avoid dragging the toes, people with foot drop may lift their knee higher than normal. Or they may swing their leg in a wide arc.
Foot drop can happen to one foot or both feet at the same time. It can strike at any age.
In general, foot drop stems from weakness or paralysis of the muscles that lift the foot. It can have many different causes. Treatments for foot drop vary according to the cause.
WHAT CAUSES FOOT DROP?
Foot drop is a symptom of an underlying problem, rather than a disease itself. It can be temporary or permanent.
CAUSES OF FOOT DROP INCLUDE:
- nerve injury
- brain or spinal disorders
- muscle disorders
Request A Call Back!
- MONDAY 09:00am – 1:00pm | 05pm – 09.00pm
- TUESDAY 09:00am – 1:00pm | 05pm – 09.00pm
- WEDNESDAY 09:00am – 1:00pm | 05pm – 09.00pm
- THURSDAY 09:00am – 1:00pm | 05pm – 09.00pm
- FRIDAY 09:00am – 1:00pm | 05pm – 09.00pm
- SATURDAY 09:00am – 1:00pm | 05pm – 09.00pm
- SUNDAY 09:00am – 1:00pm